Sunday, May 9, 2010
Jack is the Happiest Boy on Earth!
Jack got invited to his baseball idol, Cody Ege's graduation party. He was so excited when he got the invitation. He wasn't sure what the party was however, he kept thinking it was a birthday party. But he finally understood that Cody graduated high school and we get to go celebrate with him. He just LOVES Cody and looks up to him so much. We went to the party, stood in line to shake his hand and Jack was all excited and nervous, he always gets so shy around Cody and doesn't talk much but he knew he was going to shake his hand and say "Congratulations". He was all ready to do that, when Cody saw it was Jack he said "come here buddy" and walked over along the table he had set up with all his graduation pictures and memorabilia. He picked up his old t-ball bat that was sitting on the table and told Jack it was for him. I thought Jeff and I were both going to cry. It was so awesome. Jack just lit up and didn't know what to say, he was so excited. Jack is one lucky boy to have such a great idol. Cody has always been nothing but wonderful to Jack, he is a great role model for my boy! Jack will treasure this bat forever. He stuck it right in his baseball bag when we got home, and said "I bet I can hit the ball real hard with this!" I can't wait for his first game when he uses his "Cody Ege Bat". 
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment