Jack has a very, very special teacher this year at school! She did something very special for him yesterday, which was totally not necessary, but very appreciated! Here's the story:
Jack is a terribly picky eater and at I forgot to pack his lunch for school yesterday, as I do just about every single day. I remembered about an hour after he left, but was hoping it wouldn't be a big deal, he would just be mad at me when he got home. And he was, he walked in the door and said right away "mom you forgot my lunch" so I asked him if he at least tried what they had and of course he said no. He was real quiet then said "but Mrs. Rohwer went home over our first recess and made me a peanut butter sandwich." I couldn't believe she would do that, not many teachers would. So I asked him if he cried when he found out there was no lunch in his bag, I didn't think he would cry in front of his friends, but I was wrong. He said he was sad and cried a little. So we had a talk about how if mom forgets again he is not to cry and will at least try school lunch, he agreed, for now anyway. So I sent a note to Jack's teacher thanking her for going over and beyond what a teacher needs to do. She responded that after seeing how upset Jack was she didn't want him to have a bad day so she did this for him. She told me she was the same way as a child and her son is the same way. Jack is sure lucky he has such a nice teacher!
No comments:
Post a Comment