Monday, June 22, 2009

Our Landscaping Project

While Jeff was on vacation last week, we decided to go some landscaping to the east side of our house. Towards the back of the house, and up close to the house, no grass grows and it is all dirt, which when it rains, is a muddy mess and gets the house all covered in mud. So we decided it would be a nice project for vacation time. Here is Jeff getting started. I would dig the grass up, he would then level it and lay the brick. It worked out pretty well. We of course started it on the first sunny day last week, which also happened to be one of the hottest days of the year so far! We went through lots of water those two days that we worked on it.
Here it is finished, but no plants yet. Jeff did an amazing job! I was impressed at his brick laying skills! You can tell he worked for his dad's lawn service when in high school. He really took his time and made sure it was perfect. It looks great!
So I finished up today by planting some hostas. Here is our finished project.
A close up to show the curves Jeff did. I really like it, makes the side of the house look much more appealing!

No comments: