Thursday, June 11, 2009

Kayden the Catcher

Kayden had another ball game tonight and got to play catcher. She wasn't too sure about it since she had never played it before when you have to wear all the gear. She did just fine. I told her she didn't have to stop them all, just try to keep as many in front of her as she could. In this league, there is always a coach backing the catcher up, or else the game would take a LONG time. She did just fine, and stopped several past balls. Luckily, she only had to play it one inning! Here she is attempting to stop the ball!
And daddy got a shot of her hitting the ball, well at least we'll say she hit this one! She did so good at hitting! Every game so far she has had to hit of the tee at least one time, but not tonight! She hit it all three times all by herself! She was so excited. She is getting better and better each game. Everyone was laughing when I pitch to her because I tend to pitch it high and inside....however, after watching her swing, those are the ones she can hit! I do "selective pitching" when she is up to bat. Whatever works to build her confidence!

No comments: