Jack has had a big week at swimming lessons. He has always liked the water, but got nervous if his went under, he was always afraid he would drowned. So when I signed Kayden up for group lessons, I found out Jack didn't qualify because he wasn't five yet. He misses the second set of lessons by just 2 weeks! So I debated, but thought I better sign him up for private lessons, only because I have one crazy 2 year old that has NO FEAR at all in the water and I have to focus my attention on him while at the pool. So I signed Jack up and we asked if Cody Ege could be his teacher (Cody is a Jack's favorite Cherokee Brave baseball player!) So needless to say, Jack was thrilled to have Cody as his teacher. And he learned a lot. On the second day of lessons, Cody even had him going all the way under the water, his whole head and everything. We were all so excited! Cody taught him basic pool rules and safety. Taught him not to be scared to go under, how to climb in and out of the pool by himself, and even took him to the deep end and taught him some basic swim moves.

Jack had a great week and was disappointed when it was over. Kayden goes for 2 weeks with her group lessons, so Jack wanted to know if he could go again. We will just wait until next year! I took him to the pool twice this week and he showed us everything he learned at lessons. Now I don't have to worry about him as much while I am chasing Kyle!

Kyle and Kayden got to play on the nice playground by the pool while Jack was at lessons. Kyle calls the equipment "the castle". He loves to be outside and run!

Going down one of the tunnels. He wanted mommy and daddy to climb in this with him....we just passed and made Kayden do it instead!

Kayden gliding across this zip line. It looks like her arms could just pop out of their socket!

I shot this pic as she was walking towards me....kinda looks like a models shot, hair blowing, strutting her stuff and her shirt is flowing in the wind. Just love the scrunched up nose!

Oh...and just so you know how crazy Kyle is in the water...Jeff is on vacation and went to the pool with us this week. The first day he just chased Kyle the entire hour and a half. He was exhausted when we left, and his heart could finally rest. The kids just go, go, goes the entire time. He is in and out of the pool and if he gets ahead of you, he will just jump in! He walks as far as he can until he just can't touch, so you have to be right there to grab him. Then he thinks it is so funny! You can't take your eyes off him. I chased him the second day so Jeff could play with Kayden and Jack and I was beat. I'm glad he loves the water, but wish he had just a little more fear!
No comments:
Post a Comment