Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Santa's Castle

I realized today that I haven't taken the kids to see Santa and we haven't gone to pick out their ornaments either. I figured we would just blow it off, but then I knew one of them would remember and I would be in trouble. Thankfully they got out of school early today and Santa's Castle in Storm Lake opened at 1pm, so as soon as I picked them up we headed over. My little angel standing by the angel display.
Jack remembered that last year when we went for school they had to look for mice hidden in the displays. This year there were 28 elves we had to find, and we found them all.
Kyle posing by Santa. I realized that Kyle has never been to Santa's Castle, I believe the last time we went was when Jack was a baby.
And the last thing was to see Santa. Kyle saw him right away when we walked into the room and was so excited, he told me to come see. But when we got close to Santa, he became this quiet, shy little boy that I never see! He wouldn't get close to him. Jack went right up and Santa put him on his lap, Kayden stood next to him but didn't sit on his lap and Kyle hung on my leg and wouldn't even look at him. Finally I picked him up and put him on Santa's lap. He didn't cry but refused to look at him. Finally I got him to look up for one very quick picture and it was off the lap and to the door. But when we left he was so excited. He said "See mom, I knew the real Santa would be there. That was so cool!"

Our next stop of to the Hallmark store to pick out ornaments. Kyle got picked Batman, Jack got a Despicable Me ornament and Kayden picked out a mini Snoopy one. Mission accomplished and we are now ready for Christmas!

No comments: