Saturday, February 6, 2010

Jack's First Cyclone Basketball Game

We took Jack, and Kayden, to their first Iowa State Basketball game. After the long ride, which the kids did pretty good on, we finally got there an hour before tip off. We walked in and Jack just took it all in. It was great to see the excitement on his face as he checked out this big gym! I decided to take him down to the court and grab a quick picture, but as we were going, the ticket taker stopped me and told me we couldn't go down to that area without a ticket. I told her this was his first game and I wanted to grab a quick picture of him by the court. She reluctantly let me go real quick, so we didn't go as close as I would have liked, but he got to check it out real fast. As you can tell, we were there plenty early, no one else around us! But it gave the kids a chance to look around at everything.
And it was Breast Cancer Awareness Day so all the student section wore pink and the players wore pink shoes and white jerseys with pink lettering. Jack didn't quiet understand that!
It was a fun day, even though the Clones lost. Jack was really into the game. The first half he watched non stop, asking daddy question after question. At one point Jeff was holding Jack and they were both so intense cheering, it was priceless. I have a feeling Jeff has a new buddy to go to games with now!

No comments: