Thursday, January 28, 2010

So Proud of our Kayden!

I am so proud of Kayden, she is doing such a great job on her spelling tests this year. It usually isn't a big deal for her to pass her tests the first try (they take it on Wed. and if they miss some they retake on Fri). She usually passes the first time, but with the snow day on Monday, we forgot to practice our words Monday night. Tuesday she had a late start so I figured we would practice, then I noticed the list and it was pretty hard this week.She only got half right the first time through. I told her there were lots of hard words and since mommy forgot to practice, if she didn't pass it would be just fine, I didn't want her to be upset. We practiced again Tuesday night and she did really well, I was amazed at how many she got right this time. She picks it up really quick. Wednesday morning I had her look over the list as she was walking out the door. When she came home I was anxious to see how she did, but she didn't know. Her teacher was gone and the sub didn't get them checked. So today she brought it home and she was so excited to show me she got them all right. We are so proud of our girlie! The words had several with a silent "i" which is hard to pick up on. And the last three words were: employee, corduroy, and turquoise!

1 comment:

Uncle Ben said...

Good Job, Kayden. I edit things daily, from adults, with words easier than that misspelled.