Friday, January 29, 2010

Potty Training

Two weeks ago I started on my mission "Potty Training Kyle". Leading up to this day I felt I was entering "Mission Impossible" but I was pleasantly surprised how well he did the first week, he would go potty every time I put him there, but wouldn't tell me. Well week 2 shows no future progress....he will go when I take him but has absolutely no desire to tell me when he has to go, and if he wears undies and goes in them he says "it's OK mom, I'll go get new ones". I knew he would be a challenge and he is proving me right! I have tried lots of cheering, jumping dancing, and he just thinks I am silly. Tried bribery, that worked one day. I tried yelling, didn't phase him at all, kept telling me he was sorry but no change. We'll get there eventually, I guess slow and steady wins the race, right? Well he definitely is taking this nice and slow! I snapped a picture today of him on the potty and Jeff was appalled. He told me he was going to take a picture of me someday and see how I like it! I guess I better be hiding the camera from him! (As you can tell, Kyle didn't care at all, look at that cheesy grin!)

No comments: