Thursday, May 7, 2009
One of those afternoons.........
Yesterday Kayden asked if she could walk home from school, which she is beginning to do often so I said sure. Usually she is home by3:15pm. Well at 3:20pm, no Kayden. At 3:25pm still no Kayden so I was starting to wonder and worry a little. I needed to go get Jack at preschool so loaded Kyle and took off. I found her about half way down our street just taking her time. So I pulled up next to her and was teasing her for taking so long. She opened up the van door, hopped in next to me and started to bawl her little eyes out. She had fallen right outside of school walking down the big hill. She completely skinned up one leg, foot and hand. She was being so tough walking home, not crying one tear. But that all changed when she saw mom. I felt so bad! So she was crying while we went to get Jack, which is luckily only a few blocks. I ran into school to get him. He went to grab his backpack and cracked his head on his wood cubbie and started to cry. SO I carried him out to the car crying, where Kayden was still crying, and Kyle who was just waking up from his nap was so confused! Oh, and poor Kyle had such terrible diaper rash the past two days that when I was changing him today he was actually bleeding so he didn't want to sit half the time. Let's hope we are about over that! Anyway, we got home, got snacks, put on band-aids and life was better. We played outside for a while then Kayden and I were to head off to church for a potluck banquet. As we were ready to go, Kayden came out of the house crying, she had now shut her thumb in her bedroom door. It was purple, but not bleeding and she could move it. Oh what a day she was having! We did have fun at our potluck though, and the boys had fun with G'pa, Daddy and Uncle Kelly.....guess it takes 3 adult men to watch 3 little boys!! Ha! So the day ended happy. Let's hope no owies today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment