Monday, April 6, 2009

No blizzard for us!

What a busy, crazy weekend! All week the weather was predicted to be a big blizzard on Saturday and Sunday which did not thrill any of us! I was especially not liking it because I was to be going to Des Moines on Saturday morning for a girls weekend with all the Morgan cousins and moms/aunts. Let me tell you, getting away is a rare, rare treat for me so I was excited to go. However, on Thursday night the weather was still saying blizzard, blizzard, blizzard and up to 12 inches of snow. On Friday morning we decided we better not go to Des Moines, didn't want to risk it. Yes, I almost cried! But the snow wasn't to start until late Saturday so we decided to still get away but just to Sioux City so we could get home fast when the snow started. So mom, Kristi, Kim, Karrisa and I met Aunt Connie and Tonya and did some shopping and had a nice lunch. It was so fun to just be with the girls! Thanks for going ladies! When we left Sioux City it was still not snowing so we met the guys with the kids in Pierson to have the best chicken and fish. We made it home safe, no snow. At 10pm it finally started to snow a little and the wind was terrible. I went to bed! I woke up Sunday morning, ready to see all the snow, open my curtains and NOTHING! Barely a dusting on the grass. I was thrilled no snow, but was thinking we still could have gone on our trip. However it did snow some places, so good we didn't go!

Sunday we went to church then decided to take Kayden and Jack to the movie Monsters vs. Aliens. It was cute and they had fun. Then we went up to G'pa and G'ma's for supper, mom makes the best soups! Yummy! So overall it was a good weekend and glad we didn't get the snow!

No comments: