Thursday, August 12, 2010
School Physicals
The kids had their school physicals today. Kayden is 58 lbs and 51.5 inches tall. She is in the 50th percentile for both height and weight. Which I was shocked for height because she has always been tall. But I don't think she grew as much this year, all her jeans from last year still fit. I'll be curious to see how much she grows this year. Everything else was fine. Jack is 54 lbs and 49 inches tall. He is 95% for height and 85% for weight. Right on track for Jack. I told them before we left that I thought they weighed about the same. Jack ended up having to get one shot. When he was 15 months old there was a shortage of immunizations and so he missed them. When he got his 2 year shots they covered the ones he missed except one, so he needed that. He was fine, and not a tear. Then found out he needed a lead screening required for kindergarten. Kayden needed her levels for her thyroid checked as did Kyle so off to the lab for 3 blood draws. Jack was a little nervous so I made Kayden and Kyle go first. Not a big deal for either or them, not a tear shed. Jack then got scared and had a moment, not too bad though. Finally got him in the chair and he was fine. Then they stuck the needle in, he didn't scream, but did cry for awhile. We got him calmed down quickly and that was that. He informed me he only cried because it was his first time and it was a little scary, and I told him that was just fine! We then went back to the clinic to get the print off of Jack's immunizations and they informed me they looked through Kayden's and found out she is missing a shot. Since she started school they required kids get two of this shot, don't remember the name. Anyway she only had one so she had to get a shot quick, which wasn't a big deal. Just glad Kyle didn't have to get any shots! SO after all that it was time for lunch so off to Dairy Queen. Then of course since they were all so brave we hit Kmart for a little prize for them each. We came home, changed and hit the pool for the rest of the day! I guess we are now officially ready for school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment