Sunday, August 16, 2009

We lost Kyle

The scariest thing that could ever happen to parents, happened to us last night. We were having a great time at the Marcus fair, watching the hypnotist show in which our neighbor was participating in. We were laughing, having a great time watching Kenny, when we discovered Kyle was not playing close by as we thought he was. The worst part was the show was just getting over and the very large crowd was leaving the building. Jeff and I were running all over screaming and searching for Kyle. Luckily we were with our neighbors so Melissa watched Kayden an Jack as we searched. We yelled at friends we saw walking around that we lost Kyle and they all started to search too. I was running in the middle of all the crowds yelling for everyone to look for a 2 year old boy wearing a green shirt, and luckily people stopped to look. Finally a lady told me she saw a man carrying a boy with a green shirt and pointed him out. I ran over to him, as he was bringing him right to us, and he had found Kyle by the port-o-potties and had got stuck inside. I grabbed him and just squeezed him so hard. I couldn't stop thanking the man, I was so relieved! I finally found Jeff and we were just so relieved. We kept telling Kyle he scared us, and he just kept saying OK. He didn't even really know what was going on, he wasn't scared or crying, just confused. I just can't express how thankful I am for all our friends who helped us search and for watching our other two while we searched. And for everyone at the fair who started to look for him right away. I tell you, there is nothing like living in a small community when you need help, they do whatever they need to do to help! So glad this didn't happen in Kansas City last weekend! We might not have been so lucky! And of course Kyle wasn't fazed by this at all. We stayed to watch the fireworks and he didn't want me to hold him. So I finally put him down and he ran right away to go play! He just doesn't learn! You know those people that put those leashes on their kids, I have always hated those things, think they are ridiculous.............well, Kyle might be getting one, and soon!

No comments: