Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Jack's Friend Birthday Party

I was so glad Jack was feeling better today because it was the day of his first ever friend birthday party. We had the party with one of his best friends, John Cox, as it was John's birthday in June and he never had a party then, so we decided to do it together and invite the boys from preschool. We went to the park by the swimming pool and had a great time. First we all ate pizza. (Jack is on the left side in the baseball cap) Then we got to smash the Cubs baseball jersey pinata. Each kid got to do it two times, finally we took it down and let the birthday boys smash it open with the bats....didn't think the thing was ever going to break!
But it did, they all dug in for the loot! Kayden and Anna (John's sister) got right in on the action too!
Then we opened presents. Jack was excited he got cowboys and indians!
Here is a group picture before cake time.
Front row L to R: Phillip Pingrey, Jack, John Cox, Calvin Brown. Back row L to R: Andrew Creel, Colin Carstens (Jack's cousin), and Ty Westphal.
Then we sang Happy Birthday to the boys and ate cupcakes.
John's mom, Pam, make the cupcakes. We decided to go with a Cubs theme, these turned out great! The boys loved them!
Then we went swimming! It was perfect! I think everyone had a good time. The pool really clears out at night and by 6pm we pretty much had it to ourselves, just a handful of other people there. It was perfect. Jack had a great time and was so excited he got to see all his friends! It was a great time.

I am glad Jack had such a good time. I was really feeling bad that Jack didn't get a great birthday this year, with him being sick on his actual birthday, and I didn't feel like I did a good job of making his day special. But he loved his party and said he had a great birthday, so mom feels better now!
* notice Kyle is not in any pictures, well he wasn't feeling well so G'ma Sally kept him for me. Thanks for doing that G'ma! I hate to admit it, but it was kinda nice not having him there. I probably would have been too busy chasing him I wouldn't have been able to enjoy the party. So thanks again G'ma!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

G'ma says you are very welcomed! I am just so glad to see Jack feeling better and loving his party.