Monday, August 18, 2008
Kayden is off to school
I just dropped Kayden off for her first day of 1st grade. She was so excited! She picked out her own outfit and was all ready to go. When we walked her to the door, she told us we could go. She didn't want us to wait with her until the teacher came, like we did last year. She is more independent. She wouldn't even look at us as we walked away. Jeff wanted to make sure she saw us leave, but she never turned our direction. I think she was just so excited to get going and see her friends again!
The boys saying good-bye, I think Kyle is a little confused on what's going on.
I was a little sad when I drove home, didn't think I would be since it is her second year, but I did get some tears I'll have to admit. However they didn't last long, Jack came running out of his room looking like this.....don't think I'll be bored today!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I still get teary-eyed every single year...just something about it I guess. It is so true - when they get into highschool it seems like warp speed. See you tomorrow night. Greta
I was very excited when Kristi told me that Jack was in the same room with Emma! They are going to have a blast! :) We meet the teacher on Wednesday! By the way.. your children are adorable!
Any cuter and I won't let your daughter go to school with boys. I'm looking into a private all-girl school.
- Uncle Ben
Post a Comment