Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Viva Las Vegas!!! But it's good to be home!

What a fun time we had in Vegas, but nothing was as good as pulling into my parents driveway and have three little ones run to you to give you the biggest hugs ever! Boy we missed our kiddos, but it was so much fun getting away. We got into Vegas at 8:30am Saturday and got to the hotel, walked around it for a while then checked into our room shortly after 11am and then we were off. We stayed at the Excalibur hotel which looks like a castle. It was a nice, clean hotel, but nothing fancy, which didn't matter because we weren't in there much. Jack liked the fact that we stayed in a castle. We walked so much in the three days we were there that our feet just ached! We need a vacation from our vacation to recover from all the walking. We walked the entire strip on Saturday and then went to see Carrot Top, a comedian that night. You have probably seen him on TV, he uses props in his act. He was hilarious! I haven't laughed so hard in a long time! Sunday we hit more of the strip and then stayed out late that night to check out the lights. Here are the fountains at the Belliago. They are so cool! It's amazing how high the water shoots.
Besides walking, what else is there to do in Vegas but gamble and drink. It was amazing to see everyone just walking down the street drinking. Jeff enjoyed the really big, tall cups you could get. We did do some gambling and we left it all there. We aren't that great. We would win and quit, go to another casino and lose what we had won. But we had fun, and you get free drinks when ever you play, not so bad considering we would only gamble $5 -$10 at a time. As you can tell, we aren't big gamblers.
And of course we saw some celebrities. Jeff did some golfing with Tiger and Palmer. He was helping Tiger on this one.
Hugh just happened to be staying in the same hotel as us and thought I would make the next top bunny. However I had to turn him down. We were celebrating our 10 year Anniversary and didn't think I better ditch Jeff!
And it isn't Vegas if you don't see Elvis! He was there, see he really is alive!
We did have a great time, but it was time to come home and see our babies. Kyle was so excited when he saw me he started to cry. But soon started to smile and gave mommy and daddy the biggest hugs ever! I think Jeff and I had a kid in our arms the rest of the night until bed time. They weren't letting us get too far away. Thanks to my parents for taking such good care of our babies! The kids had so much fun, I don't think they missed us until they saw us. I think they were very spoiled. Thanks to the rest of the crew for helping out too. I think everyone on the Knoben/Morgan side helped out at one point with them. We are truly blessed to have you all who love our kids as much as we do and are so willing to help out. It made it much easier for us to relax and have fun! Love you all!

No comments: