Monday, July 21, 2008

This is what we have been up to

Seems like we have been so busy here lately! Friday the kids had their last day of Bible School and they loved every minute of it. We attended the program Friday night and then dashed home to see G'pa and G'ma since they made it back from Alaska. The kids, and Jeff and I, were so excited to see them and glad they made it home safe. Kyle saw G'pa and ran right to him and gave him a big hug. He got down and G'ma was waiting for her hug, and he totally ignored her. He would not go to her and got mad when he tried to bring him to her. After about 5 minutes he decided he was done teasing her and finally gave her a hug and kiss! It was so cute. They had a great time, but I think they missed the craziness of our family while they were gone. Saturday morning we headed to Des Moines at 8am for baseball and saw a great game! Our boys made us a little nervous, but they pulled it off. We head back to Des Moines on Thursday! Otherwise we have been keeping ourselves busy at home. I bought the kids new craft stuff for us to do this summer and we never go it out, so we finally decided it was time. Jack and Kayden enjoyed painting sun catchers for our windows.
Kyle however isn't into crafts! He likes snacks! We went to the pool today and Kayden left with a malt cup, which I knew she would never finish. Kyle was thrilled when I put him in the highchair and let him go at it.
I think he was shocked I was letting him do it all by himself. He had chocolate everywhere. He was in heaven.
Finally it all melted and he proceeded to dump it all over the tray. He was done and to the tub he went. It was so cute to watch him do it and have so much fun. However went I went back into the kitchen to clean up, I wondering why I do that to myself. That was no fun at all!
Here is Kayden on our way to Des Moines Saturday. She brought the black bear that she got from Alaska with her and we watched the DVD on Alaska animals on the ride down there.

No comments: