Sunday, July 6, 2008
It the weekend over already?
This weekend has really flown by. Can't believe tomorrow is Monday already. We have had a relaxing couple days here. Jeff had to go back to work on Thursday, but then had the rest of the weekend off. He isn't ready to go back tomorrow! On Wednesday Kayden decided it was time to get the training wheels off and learn to ride her bike. Jeff was off work, so he got the training wheels off and they tried it. After 5 minutes, she wanted mommy to try instead. So I did and it didn't make much difference. She was so excited to do, but soon got very scared and did not like it at all. We tried about 5 different times during the day and finally she was starting to get it, but not all the way so we quit. Thursday I had Brock, but as soon as he left we got out and tried again. Within 10 minutes she had it down. We started at 4pm and by 5:30pm when Jeff was getting home she could start and stop and keep going all by herself. She was even turning and going up and down the driveway. She had it perfect. Not even one wipe out that day! She was SOOOO excited! We loaded up the bike and had to go show G'pa and G'ma Knoben. We were so proud of her. The neighbor girl had learned while we were on vacation so they had fun together being big girls. Friday on the 4th we went to Storm Lake to the parade. It was wonderful weather and the kids had so much fun. We came home and played outside for a while then headed to Aunt Melissa's for a Waldner get together. Aunt Michelle, Uncle Randy and kids joined us from South Dakota. After that it was to the Knoben side, where we did sparklers and then watched the fireworks. We had tired kids that night. Saturday we had no plans, we played outside ALL day. It was wonderful to just relax! However at 5:30pm as we were about to eat supper, Kyle burned his fingers trying to open the oven door! I felt terrible! I was standing right there and didn't see him do it. He must have saw me open the door to check on supper and then he tried. He cried for a good 30 minutes, but finally the Tylenol kicked in and he stopped. After that he didn't really fuss much. They blistered right away, and they are huge! But we went to the ball park and he did good and it didn't seem to mind him. I called the ER when we got home to see how to treat the blisters, but they said let them be and don't pop them. So we have, and he is just fine, don't even bug him. But we mind hit the doctor tomorrow just to make mommy and daddy feel better! On a happy note, our Braves won the first tourney game on the road to state. We won 10-0 in 5 innings and play again on Tuesday. Today we went to Kingsley for Jeff's grandma's 86th birthday. Then home where the Knoben crew had supper at our house to wish G'ma and G'pa farewell. My parents are leaving tomorrow to head to Alaska until July 18th! How are they going to manage without us, or actually, how are we going to manage without them? I am glad they are going and know they will have fun, but we will miss them terribly! Well, enough for tonight. Jeff always makes fun that I write novels! Have a great week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Welcome home!!! Glad you had a good time in Vegas. I miss you. We need to get together one of these days and catch up. I feel like I'm in a whirlwind anymore. Our ball tourny's start on Tues so we are finally winding down. By the way... I LOVE your novels!!!
Post a Comment