Friday, August 19, 2011

Kyle's Meet the Teacher Day

Kyle was so excited, he got to go to his school and meet his teacher today. When Brock and Britt left at noon he was ready to go and we didn't meet until 1pm. So he kept asking every 5 minutes if it was time. Then he remembered we had to take his picture, even though I do that the first day, we did it today. He hopped right on the bench and told me he was ready. Then I realized he had hung his backpack next to him. How cute.



Then we had to outside like the big kids too. I will make sure when he starts that he has his eyes open! Oops!




We got to the school early so we played on the playground for awhile. He talked my ear off and was excited about everything. We walked into the preschool and he froze. Grabbed my hand and hid between me and Jeff. He did say Hi to his teacher, Miss Molly, but was quiet and shy. He found his locker and his name tag and then we toured the classroom. Then he got to play with Miss Pat, the helper, while we talked to Miss Molly. He was shy but warmed up and was talking to her by the end. He kept looking at us to make sure we didn't leave though! I hope he does well when he starts, we have another week till he goes, but I am nervous there will be tears, and not just from mom on the first day. I will really have to hold it together so I don't make him sad. I don't know how I will do that as I about broke down just taking him to meet his teacher. I am not ready to give up my baby just yet!

No comments: