Thursday, August 11, 2011

Headed Home

We woke up this morning, headed out for breakfast and then went shopping to get some new shoes for school and a first day of school outfit. Well, Kayden wanted an outfit, Jack could have cared less. We went to the mall and the boys played in the play area with dad while Kayden and I shopped. While were in a store, I got a text from Jeff that said "you will never guess what just happened" so I took off out of the store thinking one of the boys had an accident, puked, or something else. Got to Jeff and he was just smiling so I knew it was nothing bad. He was sitting there in the play area and a man came up to him and asked him if he had a son. He said yes, two of them, thinking maybe they wondered off but then say them playing. The man said, do they have an XBOX, Jeff said yes. And the man handed him 2 XBOX games. He went to GameStop to try to get some credit for them to buy new games and they wouldn't give him credit so he just gave them to Jeff. Crazy! So Jack added a college football game, which is about 4 years old, but he won't care, and some fighting guy game. Might be too hard, but maybe Charlie will like it when he comes over. How weird is that? And Jack used his b-day money to buy 3 more games, which he got on sale even, so he is up to 6 games now and only spent $30!
So after shopping we headed on home, but not without a pit stop first. We had to stop at "The Jack" to see the new scoreboard. It is pretty impressive I must say! Jack just loves it that his name is all over the score board!

After a quick lunch in Ames we headed home. The kids did great in the car, they were obnoxiously loud and silly the whole way, but not crying and fighting so I'll take it. The last 30 minutes we couldn't get home soon enough. Especially after Jack said once again "Mom, what town are we in now?" and I replied "Jack, for the 100th time, we are STILL in the country!" in which he says "Well, this country is taking FOREVER!" Jeff and I about lost it laughing! We finally made it home at 6pm!

No comments: