Thursday, February 10, 2011

Leg Procedure

Tuesday morning I went over to Storm Lake to have my veins in my left leg taken care of. I blessed my children by bringing them into the world and they blessed me with terrible veins. I had one spot behind my left knee that was getting very painful. If I was on my feet too long they would just throb and it the kids touched them it would feel like fire shooting through me. So I decided to have them fixed. I went over at 7am for surgery, everything went great and I was home by 11am. It took about one hour for the procedure, they told me I wouldn't be put under all the way but we pretty much be out of it and probably sleep though it all and I did, I was glad I didn't hear what was going on. I woke up feeling great. Not a lot of pain, just uncomfortable. I rested the rest of the day and realized I am not one who can sit on a couch all day and do nothing! I was going insane! No kids at home, watching 2 movies, surfed the web and read a little bit. My butt was numb by the time I went to bed that night! Wednesday I was a little sore but not in any real pain. I keep the bandages on until Wednesday night before bed time and was so relieved when I finally got to take them off. They had my leg wrapped in an ace bandage so incredibly tight, then support hose also. Taking off the bandage, my leg hurt from how tight it was! After about an hour I could bend my leg and was amazed at how much better I felt. Today I showered and even walked on the treadmill for about 20 minutes. Feeling so much better. Still walking a little slower and have to keep my feet elevated most of the day, but after today I should be able to move around even more. My leg looks OK, a little bruised but so far so good. Will be excited in a couple weeks to see how it all looks when healed!

No comments: