Monday, December 15, 2008

What a busy weekend!

What a fun, busy weekend we had. We started out Friday night by joining the crew at G'pa and G'ma Knoben's to watch the Hawks beat the Clones! Saturday morning I decided to get up at 6:30am to go shopping! Boy I was glad I did because I got everything done and headed out of Sioux City at 11:30am and the crowds were heading in. Got done just in time! Jeff took Kayden and Jack to the free movie Space Chips in the afternoon and then Saturday night the kids got to play with G'pa Chuck and G'ma Sally so we could go to Jeff's work Christmas party! Sunday brought us cold, cold weather, but we were busy so it was OK. Sunday morning the kids had their Christmas program at church. It was a great one and they did so good! I teach Jack's class and they got to dress up like animals or angels. Jack picked to be a camel. He sure did look cute!
His class sang Away in a Manger, and he did a great job!

The older kids were part of the play. Kayden was a tourist and had to pretend to be taking pictures. She did an excellent job! And of course she got to do lots of singing, which she is very good at and really gets into! She was adorable!
Kammy and Charlie were also in on the action. Kammy got to be one of the three kings. Charlie's part of the skit was being a fish net salesman, like in a commercial. He fit the part perfectly! They both did a great job too!
After church we headed to Kelly and Kristi's house for Brock's very first birthday party! It is hard to believe he is one already, well on Wednesday actually! I snapped this picture before everyone got to the party! What a cutie!
He was a lucky boy and got 2 cakes that his G'ma Diane made for him! He really liked the candle and wanted to grab it!
He had a great party and got lots of great stuff! I think he is spoiled like the rest of our kiddos!

And Gavin wasn't left out at the party! He enjoyed the Special K bars his mommy made, well at least the chocolate anyway. There is no wonder why he has those thighs! So cute!

No comments: