Friday, December 12, 2008

Don't scroll down if you don't want to see the toe!

Disclaimer: gross toe picture at the end of this post!

Well, Kyle is back to himself! After a long night Tuesday and a long morning Wednesday, Kyle was finally getting back to himself late Wednesday. On Thursday he was back to being Kyle, climbing on everything, running around, and giving his mom a heart attack every time he came close to bumping his toe, which he did about three times, and boy did he scream! As you can see, he is back to making messes. Yes, this was a brand new bag of Bugles dumped all over, but we saved most of them. Jack was disappointed we didn't get to go to MOPS on Wednesday morning. However since I was in charge of getting the craft ready he would have done, we just did it at home.

He had lots of fun gluing the cereal on the Christmas tree.
Sorry, but I think you all need to witness my pain! Here is my baby's toe. I took this Wednesday night after we took the bandage off for the first time to clean it. That was NOT fun. It was stuck to him because of all the soaked blood, but he didn't mind too much. Mom had a much harder time, yes it made me cry to just look at it. I think I shed more tears than Kyle while cleaning it! But he is going better, just can't wear a shoe until next Friday when we go in to get the stitches out. I just wish he enjoyed taking his antibiotic a little better! Jeff and I were discussing last night however how lucky we really are. We are having a hard time with cleaning him and re bandaging him, and said we just couldn't imagine if we had to do something like this every day, or worse.

Well it doesn't really show how actual gross it looks, I took it when his foot was in the sink and the flash reflected off the sink. I didn't want to zoom in because it blurs it. There is no toe nail and about 6 stitches!

No comments: