Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Kyle's Owie
Well I always wondered which one of my children would be the first to have a broken bone or stitches. If I had to guess, I would have said wild man Kyle, and I would have been right! As we were getting ready to head to the Kannegieter's to watch the Hawk game last night, Kyle decided to pull a glass pan of brownies down off the counter top and onto his foot. I thought he was fine and it just hurt, but as I went to put his shoe one I noticed his sock was completely blood soaked. When I took the sock off I could see his toes was very hurt so we went to the ER. I told Jeff to go ahead and take Kayden and Jack to Kristi's and we would be there shortly. I just figured they would remove the toe nail and we would be one our way. Well, 2 hours later we were! The ER nurses tried to clean it to see what was going on and after the doctor came and tried to look he decided he needed to numb it so he could mess with it and get a better look. After numbing his foot with a very, very long needle and several pokes later, they were able to see the whole toe nail was ripped off, and then cut underneath it to where the bone was showing. Luckily the x-rays showed it wasn't broken. But he got several stitches. He was a trooper and after they numbed him, which he did not enjoy, he actually fell asleep so they were able to poke and prod him without bugging him! So it was not a fun night for us! Jeff conveniently showed up after the needle poke, when Kyle was calm and about asleep. So I got to hold my poor baby and listen to him scream. The nurses kept telling me I could go out and wait and they would hold him, but I knew he was scared to death and there was NO way I was leaving him there by himself, even though I knew the doctor. But he is better today. We had a long night, up a lot, and he learned a new word "hurts" and I heard it all night long! But he is playing today and walking on it OK. I'm just worried he'll bump it. I am not looking forward to tonight when Jeff and I have to take the bandage off and clean it! I don't think he is going to like us too much!
Nice big toe there buddy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Chicks dig scars, big guy.
Hope things are better for him today!!! I showed Jonah and he said "Poor little Kyle". Then he said ..."tell Korrie to kiss it" So cute. We missed you at MOPS. Fun day. 1 new mom. We'll be in touch.
Post a Comment