The kids have both started school and so far, so good. Kayden is really enjoying first grade. She has homework every day, except Friday's and she thinks that is so cool. I'll remind her of that some day. She is so proud that she has already passed 2 of her word lists, they have 9 to do by the end of the year. She enjoys reading and she will now go get a book and try to figure it out all on her own. She is even writing us notes which is wonderful, however they are not always easy to decipher and we have to be careful not to hurt her feelings if we can't read it. When I find her writing, I try to listen to her sounding words out so I know what I am reading then run and tell Jeff so he knows too!!!!
Kayden doing her homework.

Jack really likes preschool. He completed his first week and was disappointed that he didn't have to go on Friday. He got an extra long weekend but he really just wanted to go back to school he kept telling me. He likes his teachers and is making new friends, although he can't remember their names yet! They are building a new playground so he hasn't go to go outside at school yet, which is really bugging him. He told me that next week they get to go outside for a long time, he can't wait! He also is disappointed that he doesn't have homework like Kayden. But he did have a little work for us to do over the weekend and that made his day that he finally had homework to do! We also found him some alphabet cards so he can work on learning his cards like Kayden does every night.
Kyle keeps me busy at home. I don't like how he gets into EVERYTHING now! But he is so cute!

And here is a recent picture of Gavin. He is getting so big! Love those chubby cheeks, and legs, and belly!
No comments:
Post a Comment