Friday, April 29, 2011
Rendezvous Field Trip
I got to go along with Kayden's class to the Rendezvous. I have to admit, I have never been eventhough it is just outside of town. It was a fun time and the kids were great. Here is the group learning how to make arrow heads.
We went to several different sites and learned all kinds of stuff. How to make pottery, how to start fire, how to load and shoot a gun, how to make hooks with the blacksmith, and more. But what they really liked was the Tomahawk Throw. Yes, the kids each got to throw a tomahawk. Here is Kayden and her friends waiting their turn.
You start at the target and take 6 steps to know where to throw from.
Kayden being told how to hold and throw it.
And the throw. I don't think she hit the target, only a few did and I think only two kids actually got it to stick. It was fun to watch them do it!
This lady was showing them how to make a small cord that you would put inside your clothing, used before buttons were invented. She let the kids have a chance to make it too.
We had a good time. It was sunny out but very windy, but still a good day. And Kayden bought a rabbit skin to bring home to remember the trip. What she'll do with it, I haven't a clue, but that's what we had to get!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment