Monday, February 9, 2009

My Poor Babies are SICK!

So I had a feeling on our way home from Omaha yesterday that Kyle wasn't feeling well. We went to mom and dad's for supper and he didn't play, he just wanted to cuddle and sleep. So I took Kyle into the doctor this morning. Although as soon as I made the appointment he was pretty happy, definitely not back to himself but would at least get up and play a little. So I figured it would be a wasted trip. But then Jack started to complain about his ear hurting and was crying really hard then later about it, so figured at least I would have him checked out.

Got to dr, Kyle was happy and walking around, told dr about what was going on and he listened to Kyle and said, Oh this isn't good. He has bronchitis, then listened to his back and as he was about to say he is borderline pneumonia, he said Kyle is not good, he has pneumonia and we need to get him going on stuff soon! Sounds like if I would have waited another day or two we would have had a sick baby in the hospital! So glad I took him in. And on top of that, Jack has a raging ear infection in his right ear! So it was not a wasted trip. So both are on antibiotics and Kyle also had to do nebulizer treatments.

Kyle has spurts where he is happy, then just wanted to cuddle. He is napping right now, and usually went he wakes up, he is warm, wants to cuddle and doesn't move very much. So I am hoping the antibiotics kick in soon! No fun having sick kids. Jack took his medicine and said he wanted to go to school. Since he doesn't have a fever I let him go. Hopefully we will all be healthy here soon!

No comments: