Not much else is new here. Kayden broke out her Easy Bake Oven she got for Christmas and made dessert for us and G'pa and G'ma on Thursday night. We had one cake and 6 sugar cookies. Now if you remember anything about the Easy Bake Oven, they are small servings. We cute the cake into 6 bite size slices and the cookies were all bite size shaped. So needless to say, we weren't stuffed afterwards. But she was so proud of herself for making them! I am sure she will be making us more desserts all the time now!
Monday, January 12, 2009
Snow Day
Another snow day! No school for the kiddos. Once it actually stopped snowing, it was beautiful out. I bundled the kids up and we went outside to play. Kyle LOVED the snow. He didn't even mind when he fell face first and got snow all over him! They all loved it when I ran around the yard pulling the sleds. Boy I got a good work-out doing that! Our snow piles were pretty tall so they would sled down them. Just the perfect size for Kyle who really enjoyed that too! We even went into the backyard because Jack wanted to swing.
Kyle had so much fun swinging. I thought he would get too cold and want to come in, but he actually cried as I brought him inside, and we were out there over an hour!
Jack loves to swing, even if it's all snow covered. We even went down the slides and tried to get to the playhouse but there was so much snow we couldn't open the door.
Kayden didn't want her picture taken she informed me. She was upset that I wanted to take a break from pulling her on the sled. She didn't understand that mom was TIRED! I thought I was in better shape, after all I have been going to the gym at 6am every morning! Guess I need to work a little harder, or just take the kids outside every day and pull them around! I am noticing looking out the window that the wind has picked up. Maybe it really will be blizzard conditions by the time the day is over. I thought for a while they called school off for nothing! Oh well, the kids and I are having fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What's a guy got to do to get a cookie?
Oh I am sure she would love to bake you some! It only takes about an hour to make six bite size cookies!!!! You can only bake one pan at a time. So much fun!!!
Post a Comment