Thursday, May 8, 2008
Track and Field Day
Kayden had a track and field day at school on Tuesday. It was a beautiful day, a great day to be outside. Jeff took the day off so he wouldn't miss out. It started at 10:30am, so we loaded up Jack, Kyle and Brock and headed to the high school. As we were getting there they were announcing Kayden's name for her first event, the long jump. I don't know what is considered long for kindergartners, but they all jumped about the same, about 2 feet. It was really more of a leap then a jump. Next she did the softball throw. She walked right up to the line, threw the ball, and walked away. No thought or time taken. She threw about 12 feet. She was having a great time. Her third event was the double sack race, however her partner was in the bathroom and they didn't wait for her, so they missed that race. But Kayden didn't seem to care. I think she enjoyed sitting by her friends in the bleachers more than anything else. Well her last event was the 50 yard dash. Here she is at the starting line.
She started off great, but about 10 yards out, her shoe fell off! By the time she got it on, the race was over. She turned back to the finish line and ran to her teacher. I knew there would be tears so I sent Jeff running to her while I stayed with the boys. She cried harder when she got to daddy, she wasn't hurt, just embarrassed. She really wanted to go home, but we got her calmed down quickly and then she was excited to watch her friends race.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment