Monday, May 16, 2011

Birthday Weekend!

Kayden is 9 years old! I don't know where the time went. She is growing up way too fast. However when she woke up she said "I don't feel any bigger today!" She decided to open half of her presents before school. That was after the boys, daddy and I woke her up by singing "Happy Birthday" to her. Her cool new sunglasses. This year she picked out a couple of her presents. She did that last year with G'ma Sally but she wanted to pick out somethings from us too. She still got some presents that were a surprise however.

Traditional donut breakfast with candles.

And then the phone calls began. She gets so excited even though she is quiet on the phone. I believe she was talking to G'pa Chuck this time.

Then she had to go to school. And after school she was to have ball practice and then her party started at 5:30 but ball was cancelled due to the weather so she had a couple friends come over early. We ate pizza and then headed to play games. We did "Minute to Win It" style games. The kids loved them! Instead of having them go one at a time, they all went and the first two to finish got a prize. I believe everyone got a prize too. The first game was who could empty a box of Kleenex fastest, using only one hand and only pulling one out at a time.

They had so much fun and giggled the entire time! Jack even got to participate in all the fun. What a mess we had afterwards.Next was the Mummy Wrap where they had to wrap themselves in toilet paper. This was a little bit harder!


They all loved the next game. We put vasaline on their nose and they had to run to the table and pick up a cotton ball on their nose without using their hands then run back to their bowl and shake it off.

It was so funny to watch them shake them off! They actually did really good at the one as the giggled the entire time. Next they were given 50 M&M's they had to separate into 5 cups according to color, using one hand and only moving on M&M at a time. I think this was the only game they were completely quiet on, they were really concentrating! Everyone's favorite game was the Tin Foil Outfit game. They had partners, one was the model and they had to make an outfit using only tin foil. They had 5 minutes and Jeff, Jack and I were the judges. Kayden and Lauren won, they had a hat, earrings, necklace, shoes and an outfit.



But when we were done they asked if they could keep playing. I think they spent an hour decorating eachother and themselves. They came up with a bunch of different outfits.

Kayden made herself a waitress.

I believe Emma was a waitress here. She was also an artist and the Statue of Liberty at one point.

Madison was Puffy Girl, I thought he looked like a fairy.

Lauren said she was super hero. She and Jack were chasing eachother around so she was getting the bad guy here.

Kaysie was dressed as Iron Man

As you can see, we had tin foil ALL over!

And you may ask where Kyle was, he fell asleep right at 5:30 as people started to come. I knew he would be upset if he missed it all because he helped me get all the games ready and he was excited to play. So I woke him up to play the last ones, which wasn't a good idea as he was crabby! He finally woke up a little and had fun watching the girls.

Then they each had 3 balloons they had to keep in the air all at the same time. They were not good at this, but giggled the whole time!

Jack getting in on the action.Next was unrolling streamers only using one hand and staying in place. The picture is blurry, probably because they were moving their arms so fast.


They were all a tangled mess of streamers when they were done.

The last game was Nail Polish Spin. One person would spin the bottle and who it landed on had to paint one finger, then they would pick a different color and spin. They all had colorful nails when we were done. After the games we opened presents and had cake. About 11pm we set up our blankets and put a movie on and I think they were all asleep in 10 minutes. They were exhausted! We had breakfast in the morning and brought everyone home. Kayden said she had a great party!


Saturday afternoon Kayden opened the rest of her presents from us then Saturday night we went to the Monterrey with Ms. Britty Boo to celebrate her 2nd birthday! Sunday we went to church then came home for the big family birthday party for Kammy, Kayden, Brittany, Gavin and Kyle! Jack was Kyle's right hand man and stayed right by him as he opened every present.


Birthday girls Kayden and Kammy being silly.

And I snapped a picture of the 4 boys all checking out Gavin's new cars. They must have been pretty cool. Don't think they could get any closer! Kayden with her Squinkies.




Brittany opening her presents.

Gavin with his Go Diego Go backpack from us. I know he loved it!

The May Birthday kids. And this is what your living room looks like when you have 5 birthdays, and this is only half the crowd!


What a fun weekend! But boy was everyone tired by Sunday night!

No comments: