This was our last stop for the day. We had to get back to the hotel and get showered and cleaned up for Ryan's wedding, why we came out here! I wish I would have gotten a picture of the two of us at the wedding, but didn't. I didn't even bring our camera. Oh well. It was a very nice wedding. Even though we didn't know anyone besides the groom and his family, we had a great time and meet some great people. Saturday, June 5, 2010
Washington DC Day 2
Day 2 we slept in a little bit after the early morning and late night yesterday. Plus no kids to wake us up early! We first went to the Old Post Office which I read was a neat place to go and take the tour of the tower. It was free, no line and you get great views of the city. So we did and were happy we did. It was beautiful! Here is the Jefferson Memorial.
View of the Capitol Building.
And another of the Washington Monument.
After leaving there, we went to the National Archives. We didn't have tickets so I was afraid we would have to wait in line a while to get in, but it was only 15 minutes so that was great. No pictures allowed inside so none to share. But we got to see the Declaration of Independence, The Constitution, The Bill of Rights and several other important documents. Very cool!
Next we walked over to the White House information center and toured that. Then we walked over to actually see the White House.
I took a close up of the sniper on top of it. Jack thought that was cool. As we were looking at the house, we noticed a bunch of kids playing in the front lawn. So I zoomed in with my camera and could see a bunch of little girls running around in the sprinklers. We are guessing the Presidents daughters and some friends enjoying the day.
The one picture of the two of us. A family asked us to take their picture so in return I had one snapped of us.
This was our last stop for the day. We had to get back to the hotel and get showered and cleaned up for Ryan's wedding, why we came out here! I wish I would have gotten a picture of the two of us at the wedding, but didn't. I didn't even bring our camera. Oh well. It was a very nice wedding. Even though we didn't know anyone besides the groom and his family, we had a great time and meet some great people.
This was our last stop for the day. We had to get back to the hotel and get showered and cleaned up for Ryan's wedding, why we came out here! I wish I would have gotten a picture of the two of us at the wedding, but didn't. I didn't even bring our camera. Oh well. It was a very nice wedding. Even though we didn't know anyone besides the groom and his family, we had a great time and meet some great people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment