Monday, January 24, 2011

Boys with Big Imaginations

Today Kyle was helping me clean out the cupboard and we came across syringes used to give medicine. Kyle took two of them and walked off. Pretty soon he is asking me if I want to get in his jet with him and go get the bad guys with our guns. So I walk around the corner expecting to find two of our many toy guns, but instead he hands me a syringe. We sit on his jet he made, which was just the race car he made the other day but moved to a different part of the dinning room. So for a good 30 minutes I sat on the chair, I mean jet, and shot bad guys with my syringe. I couldn't get in or out of the jet without Kyle pushing a button for me first. And I wasn't allowed to fly it either. Finally I talked him into going to the grocery store otherwise I might have been stuck in the jet shooting bad guys all day! Then Jack gets in the car after school all excited to tell Kyle about the remotes he made. He was cutting something at school and realized the scraps looked like the remote control Kyle used for his race car/jet. And since they had to stay inside the first recess due to the cold weather, he colored on them to add buttons so it looked like a real remote. He made 5 of them. He asked me for string and off he went. I found the two boys on the little chairs with the strings taped to the computer desk.
They were watching YouTube videos of people playing Super Mario Brothers and defeating it. Since they can't do that yet, they like to watch it online. So they pretended that they were on the ones playing. (Just so you all know, we do have a Wii downstairs with the exact game, and real controllers, but guess this was more fun!) My boys sure do have wild imaginations!

No comments: