Well Jeff and I have been talking about it for a while, and decided it was time we designated one night a week as a Family Fun Night where we would let the kids pick supper and a snack, keep the TV off and spent family time playing games. So we told the kids about it Wednesday at supper and told them Thursday nights would be our night. They were so excited and that was all they talked about. Kayden got to pick supper and she picked pizza. They both decided on popcorn, M&M's and pop for snack and Jack got to pick the first game. They ate their pizza so fast, they were so excited. We started playing games at 6:15 and finally at 7:50 we told them we had to stop and start getting ready for bed. They didn't want to stop, but once we got PJ's on, they were so tired and all 3 of them were asleep by 8:15pm.
We played Hungry Hungry Hippos first. Kayden won the first time, then Jeff, and finally Jack won. (With a little cheating from mommy, but he didn't know that!) Then we played a game where you had to fling frogs onto a spinning tree. It was fun, but the kids couldn't get their frogs to stay real well so that didn't last long. Then we got out Candyland and had SO much fun with that. It takes a while to play that with 4 people. The kids loved it. They thought it was great when someone got a candy piece and had to go all the way back to the beginning. Jack didn't liked it however when it happened to him, we thought he was going to have a melt down when he was almost to the end and had to go all the way back to the beginning, but he was good about it. And that's good because not too long after he went all the way back, he drew another candy piece that send him back farther. Jeff and I just looked at each other expecting the crying, but he just said "oh darn it!" It was so cute. He was thrilled when he won our second game. I think everyone won at least once at some point. We finished the night playing Nickelodeon DVD BINGO, which everyone loved.
I was so glad we did this and look forward to our Thursday nights to come. I can't tell you how many times the kids said "this is so much fun" or "this is the best night ever". Makes me wish we would have started doing this earlier! Kyle was a good boy too and didn't even try to destroy the games, I know several of you are shocked by this! He watched us for a while, they went into the toy room and played, and once the M&M's came out, he was in heaven! It really was a great night, and when I tucked the kids in, Jack said "I had so much fun mom, and I even won alot!" and Kayden said "I liked playing games tonight, it was so much fun!" We definitely will keep this up!
I just turned around and Kyle is sitting on my dinning room table destroying the decorations I have on it and taking apart a floral arrangement!!!!!!! Time to be done!
1 comment:
Enjoy it while you can - wait until the boys start acting like we did - throwing punches over shoots and ladders and bloody noses playing basketball.
Post a Comment